The System and the auditors have requested that all transactions be processed through the Accounts Payable system to provide consolidated information for audit purpose, maintain internal controls and to maintain accurate vendor information for the university.
Exceptions to normal processing must be requested to the Director of Accounts Payable with a reason/justification for rush processing.
Please call the Accounts Payable main line or email for any questions you have on any Accounts Payable related items.
The Vendor Create Department has added a link where you can check any vendors/individuals that have been added or updated within the last 30 days. Check for Vendor Updates or Additions
Vendor Payment Inquiry - Get information about a payment you received from a UH System campus. For instructions for using the Vendor Payment Inquiry web page click here - Vendor Payment Inquiry Instructions.
*Please note: Effective immediately Accounts Payable-related forms will be accepted via campus mail or scanned through e-mail to the Accounts Payable e-mail box (AccountsPayable@UHCL.edu). This includes Gift Card Request Forms and invoices.
Procurement Encumbrance Adjustment Forms are required for the release of cost center encumbrances. Both the form and instructions for completing the form can be accessed here.
Attention Business Administrators: Voucher notifications will be e-mailed to the Business Administrators instead of being mailed. This includes employee travel reimbursement vouchers, campus store purchases, etc.
- The Worker Classification Checklist is required for all Accounts Payable payments for individual services. If a department is contracting with a business entity (i.e., a corporation or partnership), they do not need to complete the form. However, sole proprietorships require the form. If independent contractor status, attach the form (and/or Human Resources email) with the other documentation provided for processing purchase orders (for the contract) and vouchers (for payment).
- When purchasing goods or services for amounts over $5,000, a purchase order is required. Items for $5,000 or less can be paid with a purchase voucher or procurement card (p-card). Please check with your College/Division Business Administrator for approval before proceeding with a purchase.
- Purchases over $500 must include verification that the tax status of a vendor was checked, either by including documentation or adding to the voucher comments, that tax status has been verified.
- Memberships, subscriptions and registration fees are processed regardless of the dollar amount.
- Any computer related item or equipment must be approved prior to making a purchase (Please see the P-Card Program Cardholder User Guide for exceptions to this requirement. The Guide can be accessed on the Procurement Card web page.)
- State sales tax is not reimbursable. Prior to making a purchase, please obtain a tax exempt certificate from UHCLProcurement@uhcl.edu.
- All business meal or entertainment reimbursements must have itemized receipts. Tips are limited to 20%. Any tips exceeding 20% are not reimbursable. A list of attendees is required for groups of 10 or less and the name of the group/organization is required for groups of more than 10.
- Alcohol must have prior written approval from the appropriate Vice President or President.
- Reimbursement is limited to payments made by cash, personal debit or credit cards or personal checks. Gift cards or store credit cannot be reimbursed.
- Gift card request forms must be signed prior to purchasing a gift card.
- Awards, plaques, trophies must list names of recipients.
- Comments portion of voucher needs to include Who, What, When, Where, Why and the benefit to UHCL or business purpose. Membership and subscriptions payments must include beginning and ending dates.
- Prompt pay law: Invoices received by departments must be date stamped upon arrival. This is related to the prompt pay law and is important in determining when interest should be accrued for late payments.
- Mount all receipts or other attachments with tape onto an 8 ½" x 11" paper, carefully taping all sides without taping over printed information. For multiple receipts, please attach calculator tape to assist with auditing of the voucher.
- All reimbursements require original receipts or other proof of payment (cancelled check, credit card or bank statement). Be sure to black out any sensitive information since sensitive information cannot be uploaded into PeopleSoft.
- Please allow 10 business days before calling Accounts Payable to follow up on a payment.
- All reimbursements must be submitted within 60 days or the reimbursement will be taxable to the employee. If the reimbursement is over 60 days, please have the employee fill out an Exhibit B form which can be found at: www.uh.edu/finance/pages/forms.htm
- Account code incorrect
- Amount on receipts do not match voucher & no reason stating why
- Benefit statement was not added to voucher
- Brand Guide approval needed when ordering merchandise with UHCL logo
- Cannot pay from a Quote, please obtain an invoice
- Claiming/Paying for state sales tax
- Computer related items need prior approval from UCT. Exceptions to Computer related
items pre-approval are:
- blank CD/DVDs
- cases for laptops/tablets
- desktop sit/stand stations (e.g. Varidesks)
- ergonomic keyboard and mouse arm rests
- jump drives
- keyboard trays (mounts to a desk)
- monitor arm mounts
- mouse pads
- printer ink and/or toner
- Dates incorrect or missing (Goods receipt & acceptance dates should be the same)
- Food Waiver form must be uploaded when purchasing food over $100 off campus ($500 for Pearland)
- HR approval needed for employment ads
- If person attending business meal is the signature authority, their supervisor must also sign voucher
- Memberships and subscriptions must have beginning and end dates
- Need a statement as to why paying late
- No back up is uploaded
- No comments written or not enough of the five “W’s” (when, where, why, what and who)
- No itemized receipts on meals
- Not printing names next to illegible signatures
- Number of attendees not listed on entertainment (If 10 or less must list names)
- Only one invoice number per voucher
- Person getting reimbursed does not have supervisor signature
- Person reimbursed did not sign voucher coversheet
- Proof/method of payment for reimbursements
- Reimbursement for gift cards must have the Gift card request form approved prior to purchase
- Restricted fund was used against account code
- Route through OSP on grant funds
- Sensitive information has not been redacted
- Vendor hold status for purchases over $500 not uploaded
- Wrong address-does not match invoice (when paying by check)
- Wrong documentation uploaded
- Wrong invoice number