As an admitted student, we know you are anxious and excited to come to UHCL. OIAP is here to assist you and we are looking forward to seeing you on our campus in the very near future. In your acceptance mail packet, there is information about steps to take leading up to your arrival and we have this area of the website to provide information for you as well. Throughout the coming weeks and months, you will receive detailed emails from us to help in your preparation.
Finally, our Student Diplomats are available to provide assistance. They are your peers here at UHCL and have been through the similar experiences you are having in preparing to come to UHCL. You can contact a Diplomat for help by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our main number 281-283-2740.
As a future student at the University of Houston-Clear Lake, please review and check each statement in the UH-Clear Lake Transition Checklist as it pertains to you in order to have smooth transition to our campus.
The three Registration Periods per semester are:
Early registration is by appointment only. If you are eligible for early registration, we’ll let you know by email that appointment times are available for review in E-Services. You can register for classes during or after the time that has been assigned to you.
Open registration varies in length based on the semester. It begins the day following the close of early registration. You can register for classes during the open registration period as soon as you are admitted.
Late registration begins the day after open registration ends. If you register during this period, we add a late registration fee of $50 to your bill. The class schedule and registration are only online
How to Find Your E-Services User ID and Password
Your user ID is your seven-digit student ID. If you do not know your user ID, call the Student Assistance Center at 281-283-2722.
If you do not remember your password:
Navigate to the E-Services page.
Click "Request a new password?"
Enter your User ID.
UHCL will email you your password.
Academic Advising Answers You Need
If you need help choosing courses before registering for the first time, you should reach out to your Academic Advising department. In your first semester, you should plan to take courses that are part of your general course requirements.
The UHCL class schedule is available only ONLINE. The university does not print class schedules.
2 options to choose your classes:
- Use the guest login to review class offerings before making a decision about your classes.
- Use E-Services - During registration periods, once you’ve picked your classes you can go ahead and register--since you are already logged into the system
The university has two housing options on-campus:
- University Forest Apartments
- Hunter Hall
Healthcare Administration students may want to secure housing near the Texas Medical Center, 2151 W. Holcombe Blvd., Houston, TX 77030, since many classes meet at this location.
If you are not able to find accommodations prior to your arrival, nearby hotels are available for temporary accommodation. Please check availability, pricing and amenities to fit your needs.
- Candlewood Suites: 2737 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-461-3060 **Closest proximity to UHCL Campus
- Comfort Suites: 16931 N Texas Ave., Webster, Texas | 281-554-5400
- Hampton Inn & Suites: 506 W. Bay Area Blvd., Webster, Texas | 281-332-7952
- Holiday Inn: 302 W Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-335-6272
- Homewood Suites (Hilton): 401 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-486-2424
- La Quinta Inn & Suites: 520 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-554-5290
- Residence Inn (Marriott): 525 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas | 281-486-7677
- Townplace Suites (Marriott): 1050 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas 77058 | 281-286-2132
The first and most important step in your pre-arrival preparations is to obtain your visa. We know this can be a stressful process for students. We have provided the information in PDF form below to guide you in your visa application, interview, and entrance into the US. The following information is meant for all international students outside the U.S. who are preparing to enter the U.S. as F-1 students. Students already inside the country do not need to follow the information below.