Regarding Transcripts at Open HouseLooking to apply at Open House? You do not need to bring transcripts. You can attend Open House, apply for admission and get the $45 application fee waiver for applying. Transcripts can be sent over at a later time.
March 23, 2019
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Whether you're ready to apply to UHCL for the upcoming semester or you're just seeking general information, Open House is the perfect opportunity for you to:
- Meet with knowledgeable faculty and staff.
- Get a tour of the beautiful campus located on a 524-acre wildlife and nature preserve.
- Enjoy fun activities like face painting, wax hands, a live DJ and more.
- Win prizes by using #UHCLBOUND.
Open House Schedule
|10:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.||On-the-Spot Drop-off|
|10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Resource Fair|
|10:45 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.||Apply for Admissions|
|Financial Aid Headquarters|
|11 a.m.||Campus Tour|
|11 a.m. - 2 p.m.||MBA Mixer|
|11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.||University Forest Apartment Tours|
11:35 a.m. - Noon
Choose a session
The Pitfalls of Graduate School Admissions and How to Avoid Them - Have your Bachelor’s Degree but looking to further your education? Learn what it takes to become a Graduate student at UHCL.
Cash for Class: Financial Aid and Scholarships - The office of Financial Aid will provide you with insight on how to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
|Noon||Campus or STEM Lab Tour|
On-the-Spot Admissions Decision Pick-up
Choose a session
Getting Involved: Student Life and Organizations - Learn about the 90-plus student orgs and campus activities like Chili Cook-Off, Spirit Week and Lighting of the Letters.
Health and Wellness - We know your physical, social, spiritual and mental health are crucial to your success. Learn how our on-campus services and Rec Center are here to meet your needs.
Choose a session
Cash for Class: Financial Aid and Scholarships - The Office of Financial Aid will give you insight on how to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Jobs: What’s Hot and What’s Not - Learn about current job trends and what careers you can land with a UHCL degree.
Gen One Academy - Are you the first to attend college in your family? Learn about the First Generation Scholars Program that supports your transition through college.
|1:30 p.m.||Campus Tour|
|2 p.m.||Drop off Evaluations|
Discover more about the value of a UHCL MBA degree by meeting with faculty, students and alumni.
Be one of the first to apply to UHCL. When you apply during either Open House, your $45 application fee will be waived! International students will have $45 deducted from their application fee. Some restrictions apply. Previously paid application fees will not be refunded.
All students wishing to participate in On-The-Spot Admissions must bring official transcripts (sealed and printed within the last 60 days) from all previous colleges/universities and required test scores with them to the event. These documents will not be returned. Documents submitted to UHCL prior to the event cannot be accessed for On-The-Spot Admissions.
Freshman, international and doctoral students are not eligible for On-the-Spot Admissions. In addition, students interested in the following programs are not eligible: MS Finance, MHA, MHA/MBA, Nursing, Behavioral Analysis and Behavioral Analysis Certification, Counseling, Professional, School and I/O Psychology, Family Therapy, Digital Media, Literature, College of Education graduate programs, and College of Science and Engineering graduate programs. Students applying for the MBA and MS Accounting who are not eligible for a test score exemption are also not eligible. Although an On-the-Spot Admissions decision is not available during the event, this event is a wonderful opportunity to get more information about our programs and submit documents to complete your application file.
Financial challenges should not stop you from completing your education, so we offer services and opportunities for students seeking financial aid. Visit our Financial Aid Headquarters during Open House to learn about scholarships and financial assistance. We also can help you complete your FAFSA application. For assistance, please bring the following:
- Your most recent income tax return (or your parents’ return if you are a dependent).
- Your current bank statements.
- Your current investment records (if any).
- Records of any untaxed income you may have received.
- Your driver’s license or other government-issues photo ID.
- Your social security number (and your parents’, if you are a dependent).
- Your alien registration or permanent resident card if you are not a U.S. citizen.
With students from over 49 different countries, we welcome guests traveling from out of town to attend our events and stay nearby. Below, we have provided a list of hotel options. We also gladly welcome guests with disabilities and are equipped to provide special accommodations to make their visit as comfortable as possible.
The hotels listed below are the closest accommodations in proximity to University of Houston-Clear Lake.
- *Candlewood Suites: 2737 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX | 281-461-3060
- Comfort Suites: 16931 N. Texas Ave., Webster, TX | 281-554-5400
- Hampton Inn & Suites: 506 W. Bay Area Blvd., Webster, TX | 281-332-7952
- Holiday Inn: 302 W Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX | 281-335-6272
- Homewood Suites (Hilton): 401 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX |
- La Quinta Inn & Suites: 520 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX | 281-554-5290
- Residence Inn (Marriott): 525 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX | 281-486-7677
- Townplace Suites (Marriott): 1050 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX 77058 | 281-286-2132
*Closest hotel to UHCL at 1.1. miles away
Directions to UHCL