The Center for Executive Education's workshops and seminars are approved for professional development credits. The credits are nationally recognized units for non-credit professional development programs.
Nationally recognized credit units include:
- Continuing Education Units – CEUs
- CPA Countinuing Professional Education hours - CPEs
- PMI Professional Development Units – PDUs
- Credits are awarded based upon hours of class time. You must successfully complete the course or courses to receive professional development credit. A record of nationally recognized credit units is maintained by the Center for Executive Education.
No, you will not receive a grade or take tests. If you successfully complete a workshop and seminar, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. Tests are given only in specific courses in our certificate programs.
You should try to register as early as possible for 2 reasons:
- Early bird discounts are available in some classes.
- Many workshops and seminars are filled to capacity several weeks before their beginning dates. In most cases, you should try to register at least two weeks prior to the course beginning dates. Many programs are limited and competitive. Early registration is strongly recommended. Some workshops and seminars may be rescheduled unless sufficient enrollment exists two weeks prior to the course beginning.
Professional Certificate Programs
Certificate programs are recognized by most employers as a significant accomplishment and can lead to new jobs as well as promotions for those who attain them. They are also typically more relevant and focused for today's workforce than an academic degree and can be completed in a much shorter period of time.
The Center for Executive Education's certificate programs are presented by practicing professionals and emphasize real-world skills you can immediately apply in the workplace.
They provide you with many benefits:
- Training for a new career
- Increase job skills to justify promotion
- Obtain Professional or Continuing Education Units
- Stay current in your profession
- Network with other professionals
- Prepare for qualifying career examinations
- Obtain practical, up-to-date training
- Explore a new career field
A certificate program offers you a concentrated field of study in a specific business discipline. The certificate itself demonstrates to your supervisor and peers that you have expanded your knowledge and skills. With new knowledge and skills you have also increased your value to your organization and opened doors to future career opportunities. It is a cost effective and efficient way to keeping your knowledge and skills up-to-date.
The number of classes required varies by program. Normally 6 classes are required. Please see the programs page for your area of interest to find specific program requirements.
If your company is paying for the classes with a purchase order, we need to have a copy of the PO prior to class. If paying by company check, please mail the check and registration to:
The Center for Executive Education
2700 Bay Area Boulevard
Houston, TX 77058
CEE students taking a course at the Clear Lake campus may park in the Visitor's Parking lot, Parking Lot R, located across the street from the Bayou Building's main entrance. Further parking instructions will be emailed a few days prior to the start of class. For additional parking information please use the links below.