What is BAER2?
Baytown Area Education Recruitment and Retention program (BAER2) is a collaboration of Goose Creek Consolidated I.S.D., Lee College and University of Houston-Clear Lake. BAER2 students take course work at Lee College and transfer to UHCL to complete their degree and earn a teaching certificate. While students attend college at both campuses, Goose Creek Consolidated I.S.D. will provide BAER2 students with opportunities for employment and experiential learning. Internships and field experiences will be available in the Baytown area for students. Goose Creek I.S.D. is always looking for qualified, dedicated teachers, and your involvement in this program can be the first step in becoming a teacher in the Baytown area.
What else does BAER2 offer?
- Scholarship opportunities and financial support
- Personalized academic advising
- Core and education courses that transfer seamlessly
- Academic success development, tutoring, and mentoring
- Enriching experiences such as job shadowing, field trips, and seminars
- Training for job fairs and interviews
- Increased likelihood of employment in home district
As new programs are developed, services for BAER2 students continue to grow. Goose Creek Consolidated I.S.D., Lee College and University of Houston-Clear Lake are committed to providing Baytown area students with every opportunity to make the dream of becoming a teacher a reality.
For more information, contact one of the following:
Goose Creek Consolidated I.S.D.
Asst. Director of Personnel: (281) 420-4800
Academic Dean at: (281) 425-6444
University of Houston-Clear Lake
College of Education: 281-283-3600
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org