Empowerment Through Literacy, Leadership and Technology
University of Houston-Clear Lake’s Department of Literacy, Library Science, and Learning Technologies recognizes the important role that technology plays in today’s world. It is rapidly changing every facet of life, including how we gather information, communicate, and learn — from emails to eBooks to online classes, and even via video games.
All three areas of the department offer Master of Science degrees and certifications to meet your specific interest. Whether you are a teacher, librarian, or educational leader, this department will provide you with the knowledge and experience to build a solid foundation in various literacy skills while embracing and utilizing the ever-expanding communication spectrum.
Programs and Degrees
Literature Studies Program
Library and Information Science Program
- School Library and Information Science M.S. with School Librarian Standard Certificate (EC-12)
- School Librarian Standard Certificate EC-12 Certificate
- UHCL School Library and Information Certificate
Instructional Design and Technologies Program
- Instructional Design and Technology M.S.
- Instructional Design and Technology M.S. with Game Theory and Design Specialization
- Instructional Design and Technology M.S. with Human Resource Management Specialization
- Instructional Design and Technology M.S. with Industrial/Organizational Psychology Specialization
- Instructional Design and Technology M.S. with Information Science Specialization