Antonio Corrales, Ed.D.
Doctoral Program Coordinator, Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- At-Risk Student Populations
- School Turnaround
- LaRoe, H., & Corrales, A. (2018). Silencing Social Media on Suicidal Matters at a School Setting. Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 22(1),43-54.
- Orange, A., & Corrales, A. (2018). A Case Study of Bullying in an Urban Charter School. The Charter Schools Resource Journal, 12(2), 56-81.
- Moreno-Recio, P., Corrales, A., Orange, A., & Lastrapes, R. (2018). Do years of experience and hours of training really matter? Investing in school leaders’ efficacies and English learners’ language development. AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice, 15(3), 32-52.
- Tingle, E., Corrales, A., & Peters, M. (2017). Leadership development programs: Investing in school principals. Educational Studies. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03055698.2017.1382332
- Corrales, A., & Peters, M. (2017). Examining the relationship between school funding and academic achievement for charter schools. The Charter Schools Resource Journal, 12(1), 55-79.
- Corrales, A. (2017). Factors impacting school closure and configuration, Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 20(4), 85-105.
- Corrales, A. (2017). Not watching the fight: Examining the dynamics of school turnaround. Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 20(3), 76-85.
- Corrales, A., Schumacher, G., & Peters, M. (2017). Does money really matter? Investing in the future of Hispanic students. AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice, 13(4), 9-19.
- Corrales, A. (2017). Aligning research-based strategies to charter school turnaround plans. The Charter Schools Resource Journal, 11(1),33-61.
- Corrales, A. (2018). Always Look 3 Stoplights Ahead: 9 Principles for Establishing Successful Schools. Bloomington, IN: Xlibris Corp.
- Corrales, A. (2016). Undoing the damage: Repairing a broken school district. Bloomington, IN: Xlibris Corp.
- Corrales, A. (1995). A Vision of Life (Una Vision de la Vida). Caracas, Venezuela.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- ADSU 5010 Professional Preparation Seminar
- ADSU 6235 Administration of Special Programs
- ADSU 6436 School Resource Management
- COUN 6032 Statistics and Measurement for Counselors
- EDUC 6032 Applied Statistics
- EDLS 7637 Personnel Management
- EDLS 8130 Strategic Planning and System Alignment
- EDLS 8132 Transition and Change Management
- Anti-bullying/diversity program through art-based education and its impact on academic performance: Faces of Diversity.
- Early Head Start Program, 0-3 years old, Galveston County: Closing Achievement Gaps.
- All terrain electric wheel chairs in schools: Impacting academic performance.
Awards and Accomplishments
Deans’ Award for Exceptional Graduate Student Research Southwest Educational Research Association (SERA)