COVID-19: Info For Employees
UH-Clear Lake keeps the health and well-being of our campus community a top priority and is closely monitoring local conditions. For more information, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert page.
If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, stay home.
Return to Work Information
All employees who can continue to perform the majority of their daily responsibilities
remotely should continue to do so. As the county orders are modified and the University
begins to resume on-campus operations, additional employees may be required to physically
report to work given business needs (other than mere convenience or a desire for increased
productivity). Consistent with county guidelines, most employees should continue to
telecommute; in the circumstances of a return to campus being necessary, supervisors
should use the guidelines provided in conjunction with the Decision Tree to assist
in the decision making.
The following resources are available to assist Supervisors and Employees.
- Return to Campus Decision Tree
- Returning to Work Guide
- Return to Work Employee Checklist
- Return to Work Supervisor Checklist
Employees with School Age Children
- While school districts implement mandatory virtual learning, employees should work with their supervisor to continue to work remotely where possible.
- For employees that do not have the option to work from home please communicate with Human Resources for additional leave options.
- When the option for Brick and Mortar school attendance becomes available and if employees are required to return to campus, Federal Leave benefits will not be an option because schools are open.
Human Resources Operations
The Human Resources office is open 8:00 – 5:00 Monday through Friday to assist students, faculty and staff either in-person or by virtual appointment. Walk-in appointments for such matters as I-9 processing and new employee on-boarding are welcome. Appointments for matters such as new employee benefit enrollment or elections must be scheduled in advance by contacting Kristyn Dalmolin, Sr. Benefits Coordinator at 281-283-2169 or by email at DalmolinK@uhcl.edu.
For appointments regarding any other HR-related matters you may contact the specific HR staff member directly via phone or email. You can also schedule a virtual appointment directly with the HR staff member through Microsoft Teams using the chat function.
The UHS COVID-19 Task Force developed a protocol/certification for returning to work on campus. The Protocol and Certification for Employees Working on Campus is intended to prepare the University to resume on-campus operations in phases during the next 90 days from mid-May through mid-August. Please continue to check for updates.