The Nursing program offers the RN-BSN degree as well as Nursing Refresher/Re-Entry Courses.
The RN-BSN is a degree completion program for nurses who hold an Associate Degree in Nursing or a diploma in Nursing from an accredited institution.
If you have a desire to advance as a nurse leader and/or manager, then attending the RN-BSN program at the University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) is the program for you. Recognizing the growing demand for BSN prepared nurses, UHCL offers an RN-BSN program with a focus in leadership and management. This program is designed for nursing professionals who possess an Associate degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing and a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the Texas Board of Nursing.
To further meet the needs of working adults the RN-BSN program offers courses in three
distinctive tracks so whether you are desiring to return to school full-time, three
quarters, or half-time we have a program that will fit your schedule. The nursing
program courses are offered face-to-face at UHCL- Pearland Campus, which is centrally
located in beautiful Pearland, TX.
Virtual RN-BSN Information Session
Learn more about the program and join in for a live Q&A with our Enrollment Coordinator and Nursing Transfer Advisor. Application fees will be waived for prospective students who register and attend. Only $45 will be waived for International Applicants.
Register By Phone
For registration assistance or to speak with the admissions team by phone, please call 281-212-1690 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
The RN-BSN program is designed specifically for licensed registered nurses seeking a BSN degree. For more information regarding the application process, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at UHCL at Pearland at email@example.com or 281-212-1690.
- RN-BSN Requirements and Deadlines
- An Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN or AAS) or Diploma in Nursing
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all college course work attempted
- Complete Anatomy and Physiology I, II and Microbiology with a grade of C or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Complete all lower level nursing courses with a grade of C or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- A current unencumbered Texas RN License (verification from Texas Board of Nursing website)*
- Apply online (Apply as a Transfer Student)
- $45 (Domestic) $75 (International) non-refundable application fee
*Attend a nursing info session or Open House event for a $45 fee waiver
- Submit official transcripts from every college attended.
Application for admission into the RN-BSN Program follows the same deadline as the UHCL general admissions dates.
Please send your documents to one of the following addresses:
Office of Enrollment Services
1200 Pearland Parkway
Pearland, TX 77581
Office of Admissions
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd., Box 13
Houston, TX 77058-1002
Additional Admission Information
Once the applicant has been admitted to the RN-BSN program and returned the Acceptance of Intent Letter, applicant will be required to submit the documents as outlined below at the Pearland New Student Orientation or directly to:
Dr. Karen Alexander
Program Director, RN-BSN
Students are required to submit:
- TB testing results/or Chest X-ray, if required (For year of admission)
- MMR, Chicken Pox vaccines/titers
- Documentation for COMPLETED three dose series of Hepatitis B vaccines and a positive Hepatitis B antibody titer. (Hepatitis B vaccines, titers, TB testing available at University Health Center by appointment)
- Provide evidence of current CPR certification
Curriculum and Instruction
The nursing program curriculum provides insight into subjects including research related to evidence-based practice, patient safety, legal issues, ethical standards, technology integration, health care systems and policies. It will also allow students to receive crucial training in key areas such as communication, leadership and critical thinking while also gaining knowledge in effectively managing the complex and changing landscape of today's health care delivery systems.
In addition, acquiring a BSN paves the way for admission into many graduate-level nursing programs in clinical practice, research, consulting and teaching, opening doors for those seeking academic progression or a career in nursing education.
Student Data and Outcomes
UHCL RN-BSN Graduation and Job Placement Assessment Data
100% — 2019-2020 (Fall and Spring) Graduates
Job Placement Rate
100% — Fall 2019 Graduates
100% — Spring 2020 Graduates