Academic Advising for the College of Science and Engineering
Success at University of Houston-Clear Lake can be yours – and it starts when you reach out for assistance when you need it. The Academic Advising team in the College of Science and Engineering helps you reach your educational goals by providing you crucial tools, resources and guidance.
Our advisers are here to aid you throughout your college experience, including:
- Choosing your degree plan.
- Upper-level coursework.
- Graduate school.
We want to provide you the necessary tools to succeed at UHCL.
If you are an undergraduate with under 54 credit hours, you should connect with your academic adviser in the Freshman and Sophomore Advising Center. When you have completed 54 or more credit hours, you will be assigned an adviser in the college of your chosen major. To schedule an appointment, download the Navigate mobile app.
If you are an incoming undergraduate transfer student entering your first semester at UHCL with 54 or more hours, you should contact Transfer Advising or Off-campus Advising if you intend to take classes at the Pearland campus or Texas Medical Center.
If you are entering UHCL with under 54 credit hours, you should connect with an academic adviser in the Freshman and Sophomore Advising Center.
As a new transfer student, you will be required to attend an advising session prior to registering for classes. We do this to ensure you have a smooth transition from your previous institution to UHCL. Your adviser will work collaboratively with you to develop a realistic course load and recommend appropriate classes for your chosen major in your initial semester.
If you have questions about your experience as an international student at UHCL, you should connect with International Advising. The International Advisers within the Office of International Admissions and Programs can assist you with questions about full-time enrollment requirements, restrictions on working in the U.S., traveling around the U.S. and other rules and responsibilities connected to your immigration status.
For questions related to your chosen undergraduate major, you should connect with your assigned academic adviser. If you are an undergraduate with under 54 credit hours, you should connect with your academic adviser in the Freshman and Sophomore Advising Center. When you have completed 54 or more credit hours, you will be assigned an adviser in the college of your chosen major. All undergraduate students should download the Navigate mobile app to schedule an advising appointment.
If you are a graduate student then you should connect with the college advising center to determine your advising options.
Undergraduate and graduate students are seen by appointment with their assigned academic adviser. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance and will be cancelled if a student is more than 10 minutes late. To make an appointment download the Navigate app, come by the CSE front desk or call 281-283-3711.
- Kialyn Yendell, Director of Academic Advising
- Majors: Pre-Engineering and Mechanical Engineering; temporarily advising Computer Information Systems and Computer Science
- Beryl Ricard, Senior Academic Adviser
- Undergraduate Majors: temporarily advising Information Technology
- Graduate Majors: Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering Management, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Certificate Students
- Michelle Gutierrez, Academic Adviser
- Undergraduate Majors: Computer Engineering and Mathematics
- Shandon Lee, Academic Adviser
- Undergraduate Majors: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics and CSE Undeclared
CSE Advising Office Hours
- Monday- Thursday, 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.