Academic Advising for the College of Science and Engineering
Success at University of Houston - Clear Lake can be yours – and it starts when you reach out for assistance when you need it. The Academic Advising team in the College of Science and Engineering helps you reach your educational goals by providing you crucial tools, resources and guidance.
Our advisers are here to aid you throughout your college experience.
- Choosing Your Degree Plan
- Upper-Level Coursework
- Graduate School
We want to provide you the necessary tools to succeed at UHCL.
If you are an undergraduate with under 60 credit hours, you should contact your academic adviser in the University Academic Advising Center. Once you have over 60 credit hours, you can then select your degree plan, and you will be assigned an adviser in the college.
If you are an incoming undergraduate transfer students entering your first semester at UHCL, you should contact Transfer Advising. You will be assigned an adviser who will help you adjust to life at UHCL, including the calculation of the number of credit hours you have transferred to UHCL, as this determines the next steps you should take.
We will assist you through the entire admissions process, because we want you here at UHCL! We'll also address any immigration matters you might experience at UHCL - whether you're a student or alumnus.
We are here to support your academic achievements! To schedule an advising appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 281-283-3711.
- Ki Yendell, Advising Coordinator
- Majors: Pre-Engineering
- Beryl Ricard, Academic Advisor
- Majors: Graduates in Engineering Management, Environmental Science,Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Certificate Students
- Temporary Liasion: Graduates in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, and Computer Science
- Shandon Lee, Academic Advisor
- Majors: Undergraduates in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, and
- Majors: Undergraduates in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, and CSE Undeclared
- Diana Zapata, Academic Advisor
- Majors: Undergraduates in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer
Science, Information Technology, and Mathematics
- Majors: Undergraduates in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, and Mathematics
Advising sign-in ends at 3:45 p.m. Appointments available on Fridays by request; please email your academic advisor. Please note that students who are more than 10 minutes late to their appointment will have their appointment cancelled and will not be seen by their advisor.
Walk-in Advising Times for Undergraduates and Graduates:
- Undergraduate Students: Mondays and Tuesdays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1-3:45 p.m
- Graduate Students: Mondays and Tuesdays, 1-3:45 p.m; Wednesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.