Connect With Others and Explore Your Career Options
University of Houston-Clear Lake offers a Pathways to STEM Careers (PSC) Learning Community that provides mentoring and career pathways for STEM students. This community facilitates the opportunity to build a STEM network of peers, faculty, university staff and business professionals who can encourage you as you complete your coursework. As a member of this community, you can:
- Learn with a diverse community of students who share similar social and academic interests.
- Access academic support and resources to help you navigate your first year at UHCL.
- Build relationships with faculty, staff and peer mentors who are dedicated to student success.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Explore your academic and career options through research and internship opportunities.
To be eligible to join the PSC Learning Community, you must:
- Be enrolled at UHCL.
- Have stated interest in pursuing a STEM field degree or be pursuing teacher certification in a STEM field.
- Be Hispanic/Latino OR reside in a low-income household (Pell Grant eligible).
- Download an application and submit it to email@example.com.
Activities and Opportunities
Being part of the PSC Learning Community also includes several activities and opportunities for you, including:
This welcome event and program orientation for new students and their families prepares them for the transition to the university and includes an introduction to the PSC grant program.
The learning community hosts workshops facilitated by student support offices on topics tailored to students’ needs, such as learning and study skills, financial literacy, career planning and stress management.