The 24th Annual Student Conference
Monday, April 16 - Thursday, April 19, 2018
University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX 77058
The public is most welcome to attend any or all sessions at no cost, volunteer and evaluate presentations (depending on expertise and availability).
Presenters and Presentations
Oral and poster presentations with faculty sponsors are welcome in all disciplines, including the arts. Individual and small group projects represent interdisciplinary work. Day and evening sessions are available.
First-time student presenters, at both undergraduate and graduate levels, are strongly encouraged. Evaluations are provided for presenters.
- Wednesday, April 18, 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 18, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Your poster and panel can have empty areas.
- Avoid putting verbiage low on a panel because it's hard to see.
- Your poster can be created in UHCL's Copy Center.
See Poster Presentation Format for details.
Deadline for Hanging Posters: TBA
Poster Display Area:
- In Bayou Building, Atrium II, consult the Master Poster List and Panel Map before
hanging your poster. Each poster is assigned to a particular panel.
- The panels are numbered and have author names listed on the lower right-hand corner.
Use the panel assigned to you and don't move the numbers.
- Don't move the master list. You may choose to copy info for yourself.
How to Hang Your Poster:
- Find the panel with the number assigned to you from the Master Poster List in Atrium
- Use thumb tacks or push pins only.
- No nails, tape, staples, glue, or Velcro allowed.
- Deadline TBA
You must remove your poster(s).
Posters remaining after the deadline will be taken down and disposed.
Sign-up as an Evaluator to create a lasting learning experience for student presenters by giving helpful feedback and identifying outstanding presentations. Open to Faculty and Professionals in the general community.
Be a Fearless Sponsor for a presenter/presentation! We can help.
Do you have a round table, symposium, or special event in mind that allows your students to present outside the classroom? The Faculty Interest Form lets us know your interests and needs while showing you more about the conference.
Sign up as a Volunteer and let us know if you can help before or during the conference. We have different kinds of jobs available for volunteers. Open to the public.